Re: bad interaction between privacy extensions, prefix lifetimes and protocols that maintain long-term connections.

[Dropping netdev, as this is inappropriate]

On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 03:16:06PM +0000, peter green wrote:
> I just switched my main machine to a new one. After doing so I noticed my connections to IRC were dropping about once per hour.
> My ISP (a major provider in the UK) router sets a relatively short valid_lft of about 1 hour. Presumably so any changes to the ISP-allocated address will be picked up quickly by clients.

Did you complain to you provider for providing broken configuration?

Sorry, but we can't workaround every broken configuration out there.
You are however free to educate people.

Regards,
Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9