Re: How do I add a second IP range to a network?

Typing away merrily, elyograg produced the immortal words:
> I was thinking about this recently, and here's what I reasoned (but have
> never put to the test).  Due to the way that reverse DNS works, what would
> have to happen is whatever body gave you the address space would have to
> actually create an entry in their server for each address - yes, 62
> entries, that delegates DNS for those addresses to your DNS server.  Either
> that or they just have to provide the reverse DNS for you.
>
> As for how to handle secondary DNS, I'm still scratching my head trying to
> work that one out.

BCP 20.  Which is currently RFC 2317.  Titled "Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA
delegation".

Follow that, and most things should work, with the caveats stated
therein about older BIND servers.
--
HTML email - just say no --> Phil Pennock
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.