Re: FTP upload by email

Not off the top of my head. I know of programs that have been floating
around to facilitate the transfer of files from anonymous (and possible
authenticated) ftp sites to the email address of the user. The options
were a little vague and I decided against it for various reasons.

One of the biggest problems with this is security. How will you secure the
transfer of the files to the user's account when they are e-mailed? How
will you be able to cope with say someone trying to stuff massive
quantities of data (say the uuencoded version of the emacs and the linux
kernel cat'ed together).

The only plausible method would be to somehow get a program that allowed
only inbound ftp-email traffic from certain "trusted" hosts and only by
issuing say temporary passwords.

If anyone is going to be monitoring your e-mail traffic they might get
more than auth thelma's recipe for bundt cake if you get my drift.