Re: ORBS not blocking, but logged in headers

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 06:56:40PM +0300, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 11:03:19AM +0000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I doubt that Qmail is any more secure than Postfix.  I doubt that it is any
> > faster.
>
> 	Well, postfix has had security bugs, qmail hasn't.

actually, the opposite is true - no matter how much djb tries to deny
it, wietse DID find a denial-of-service attack against qmail.

qmail isn't faster either, in fact it is significantly slower when you
have a lot of mail to send to the same server - qmail sends one message
per recipient, always. postfix sends one message with multiple RCPT TO
addresses....makes a big difference if you have a mailing list with,
say, 1000 subscribers at hotmail.com.

of course, if you WANT to send one message per recipient with postfix
then you can do that - but it's an option, not a "feature" which is
impossible to turn off.

craig

--
craig sanders