Re: controlling user resources

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 10:44:02AM -0200, Kasparavicius Andrius wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 sama@aglorioso.com wrote:
>
> > Could you please elaborate on that? What exactly do you mean by
> > "global"? I guess that putting ulimit in the global startup script
> > would do the job, but I'm not sure I understood what you mean here.
>
>  I mean, than user can be opened more shells than one. Some packages do
> control, but only for one connection...you can open another which
> doesn't counts limits with first..and so on..

Right now there is a thread going on on linux-kernel about a project
by SGI which adds "job management" (which is not the same as job
control, mind you) to the linux kernel. Right now, the first goal is
the ability to account for group of "unrelated" processes, but the
second step, according to its authors, is to implement resource
limiting. Maybe this could be interesting for your problem.

Regards,
--
Andrea Glorioso		sama(at)aglorioso(dot)com
			Padua, Italy