Re: PAM (?) and anonymous CVS with SSH problem (Was: Problem accessing your CVS repo of Java Autoconf macros

On Monday 19 June 2000, at 15 h 3, the keyboard of Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
 wrote:

> Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > It worked in 'slink' and fails with 'potato'
>
> It works in potato with me, I never even used it in slink. Are you using
> openssh, or what?

Yes, but it is irrelevant (apart that, when I installed ssh-nonfree on the CVS
server, I got the proper error message, which was hidden by OpenSSH). It seems
that, during the upgrade to potato, ash (anoncvs' shell) was lost and the
server rightly checks that the shell does exist.

Installing ash solved everything. Thanks.