Re: Bandwidth Limit/Control

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, KoML wrote:

> Does Anyone know of a tool for limiting or controling  bandwidth on a
> network. I have heard there are software out there that will do
> - IP traffic bandwidth shaping/limiting daemon
>
> Anyone hear of this or anyother software like this.
>
> My objective is:
>
> to build a firewall/gateway for my office network but limit their bandwith
> by ip or subnet so that they do not abuse it.
>
> Kim

You can user cbqinit ( search freshmeat ), which requrres the iproute
package. It's easy to setup, it  just had some minor problem ( somewhere
in the script ), about some ()'s ... I've been using it for a while and it
works perfekt ( just need a 2.2.x kernel with some of the Advanced Router
features turned on).