Re: pop3 server,

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:

> gnu-pop3d has been removed from debian due to it's instability.

Where can I find more information about gnu-pop3d being removed from
Debian?

> and of course how would one host virtual e-mail domains (one IP, one UID)

I use gnu-pop3d with a bunch of patches I made that hopefully get rid of
the instability problems and add capability for virtual domains. But I
haven't built a Debian package of my patched gnu-pop3d.  For more
information about my setup visit:
http://www.reedmedia.net/projects/virtualmail/

I plan on soon writing a pop3d from scratch using the virtual domain ideas
that I currently use. (If anyone is interested in testing it for me,
please let me know. Thanks.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net