Re: Please help with Sendmail

Don Hatch wrote:

> I'm using Debian 2.1 with the default Sendmail install (I think it's 8.9).
> Anyway, it works great except that I can't get the virtusertable feature to
> work.  I added this line to sendmail.mc:  FEATURE(virtusertable).  It wouldn't
> let me use single quotes like I usually do.  I then run sendmailconfig, and
> the line shows up in sendmail.cf but any address listed in virtusertable comes
> back undeliverable.  Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm overlooking
> something easy.

My line in sendmail.mc looks like this:

FEATURE(virtusertable)dnl

The dnl should not be relevant.

Then you map your users one per line in a plain text file like this:

someone@adomain.com	localuser

Then you must convert the text file into a db using this command

makemap hash /etc/virtusertable < plain_text_input_file

Then, it should work.  Make sure you restart sendmail after any
configuration changes (not after rebuilding the db but after changing any
sendmail.* files.

The other thing you may have neglected is adding adomain.com to the file
sendmail.cw ... I'm pretty sure that is also necessary.

Fraser