Re: Somewhat Off-Topic:To Americans--Vote no on Internet taxes BILL 602P

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:06:41AM -0800, M a t t wrote:
> I realize that this is a tech mailing list, but the following issues will
> effect everyone who is online in America.  The proposed tax bills cannot be
> allowed to pass.
>

> >Subject: Vote no on Internet taxes BILL 602P

That's not how bills are numbered in the U.S.  Try finding the bill
on thomas.loc.gov and you'll see what I mean.

> >CNN has reported that within the next two weeks Congress is going
> >to vote on allowing telephone companies to CHARGE A TOLL FEE for
> >internet access.

The next two weeks from when?  If you're forwarding the email, how do
you know it even originated this year?

I'm not saying that there will never be such a bill, but please do not
ever forward "urgent" material that doesn't have an expiration date.
That's not urgent, that's spam (and probably an urban legend).

Thanks,

--
Raul