Re: Remote shutdown ... of Win95

Why not set up an some sort of unix -like
environment on your win box and remotely
run a shutdown?

Cygwin does run under 9x.
The Cygwin FAQ is at:
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/faq/faq_toc.html
Cygwin is GPL'd.

Theres a port of sshd based on cygwin.
Not sure if it runs under 9x:
http://www.onlinemagic.com/~bgould/sshd.html

You might also try AT&T Unix for Windows
which comes with telnet and rsh daemons
(and much more) as well as the shutdown
command.
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/