Re[2]: Postfix + Cyrus IMAPd + LDAP

Hey Haim,

Friday, July 20, 2001, 3:20:27 PM, you wrote:

HD> Hey Kevin,

HD>  I have been working on the same exact thing for the past 2 months. The only
HD> thing is I do not use LDAP.

HD>  I tought about doing the same exact thing, creating mailboxes named like
HD> the email address. I ran into the same problems. I personnally use the
HD> following schema:

HD> username@domain.com -> username~domain-com

I've opted to do username.domain.com using the HIERSEP distribution.

HD>  In the postfix virtual table I put

HD> domain.com: anything
HD> username@domain.com: username~domain-com

HD>  And it works like that. I would love to do it differently (go explain the
HD> users that they have to put a "~" instead of an "@" and you'll see how much
HD> fun this is). If you find a way to do, please let us know. Some kind of
HD> howto would be great!

I think I'll be writing a HOWTO for what I've done in the near future.  And
I agree, customers aren't happy :-P  Problem is right now, that the Cyrus
LMTPd splits on '@' for SASL/Kerberos realms or something.  Devdas Bhagat is
working on a virtual domain patch for Cyrus IMAPd, and hopefully this issue
will be addressed.

--
 Kevin