Traffic account in debian

Hey people's,

Im desperately after an accounting / reporting tool for debian that
shall report every bit of traffic per IP through
our ISP, now I have been directed to IPMETER, but after a quick read it
doesnt seem to like linux systems very much
and at this point in time I dont want to have to build up an freebsd box
and make it the router etc..

So what programs/methods does everyone here use to record ? keep track
of data etc on your systems ??

Please feel free to contact us with any further queries.

Thank You

Mario Zuppini
Systems Administrator

Total Cybersolutions