Re: Smaller dial-in systems [was: portslave]

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:12, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Russell Coker">
>
> > > Is that like sending in the tanks? :)
> >
> > I like tanks!  ;)
>
> Not on my phoneline, thank you. ;)

Why?  The latest version is only an 80K deb!  It's small, resource friendly,
fast, etc.

> > Sure.  AFAIK every RADIUS server in the Unix world supports PAM in some
> > way.
>
> Cool. I've never really looked at it, as I've always thought, "oh no,
> that's for like, *lots* of modems." :)

Well the latest version of Portslave (the one that is too experimental for
upload to Debian) has got some new code for direct authentication without
RADIUS (which hasn't been properly tested yet)...

> > I recommend FreeRadius, although last time I checked the Debian package
> > was still in limbo.  :(
>
> I might pick it up if I get to like it.

Well the current maintainer isn't really looking for someone to take over the
job, he just wants what he's done to be accepted and there was some hold-up
last time I communicated with him.  :(