Re: Courier Imap stories?

After the political hoopla from your managers that may have difficulty
pronouncing Debian, a qmail+maildir+courier imap solution sounds like a good
one.

I am using postfix+maildir+courier, but it looks like the qmail+maildir+courier solutions appears to be
the most complete solution. Postfix (aka IBM Secure Mailer ) does not support maildir quotas without a patch.
Wieste the developer of Postfix  recommends that people use kernel level
quotas rather than depending on the MTA or MDA to manage quotas.

We are running, Debian Courier with 50 users right now.

In a month, we should have all the the users moved over ( 1992 users).

I have the following Debian packages from the Woody tree:

    Web-mail: Squirrel Mail (w/ LDAP directory plug-in)
    Postfix MTA with LDAP support
    Courier IMAP
    Open LDAP the MTA or MDA to manage quotas.
    We are also using the Mulberry Client (which I would recommend over)

Here is an example of what LDAP is holding:

dn: uid=slast2,ou=mailaccounts,dc=mycoll,dc=edu
uid: slast2
cn: Somefirst Somelast
mail: slast2@mycoll.edu
mail: somefirst.somelast@mycoll.edu
uidNumber: 1054
gidNumber: 1001
mailhost: imap.mycoll.edu
accountstatus: active
homedirectory: /var/imap/mycoll/slast22
mailmessagestore: /var/imap/mycoll/slast2/Maildir
mailForwardingAddress: slast@imap.mycoll.edu
mailquota: 200000000S, 20000C
mailbox: slast2/Maildir/
clearpassword: simple
userpassword: {md5} not working yet
objectClass: qmailuser
objectClass: couriermailaccout

The following fields are not being used at the moment:
mailmessagestore:
userpassword:
/*.Number:/
mailhost:

[Mailhub] --------
[Postfix]
                       ---[Courier IMAP]
                          [Postfix]

                       ---[Squirrelmail/Mailman]

                       ---[Open LDAP]

All are connected to LDAP.

Postfix routes all mail to the forwarding address:

Postfix and Courier is using UID/GID globing.

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 12:39:17PM -0600, Alejandro Borges wrote:
> Hi Debian Zealots,

> Im looking for somebody with a courier IMAP running with 10000+ users...
> if you would please disclose the enterprise's name it would be great...

> This is because here they wont use the qmail+maildir+courier solution
> without, at least, one heresay success story....

> If anyone could help, id be really jumpin with gratitude (ill lend you
> my quake bits)....:P

Ted