Re: FPSE2002+pam_ldap+nsswitch=Segmentation fault

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 20:59, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:17:58AM +0100, mimo wrote:
> > thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that. I tested with ldd -v and it's
> > saying:
> > root@blue:/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/bin# ldd -v owsadm.exe
> >                 not a dynamic executable
> >
> > This is from the fp50.tar.gz I downloaded from rtctc (?).

I must confess that the contents of this thread it makes nearly no sense
to me at all... I have no frontpage experience at all...

however the "pam_ldap+nsswitch=Segmentation fault" bit sounds familiar
to me. I have seen this happen when nsswitch and ldap starts recursing
on itself. In my case this happened because ldap needed to resolve a
hostname and nsswitch was trying to use ldap to access the "hosts" file.
There is a wiki document on configuring ldap-authentication here;

http://wiki.debian.net/LdapAuthentication

Please add anything you think might be relevant after sorting out your
problem.

Donovan Baarda                http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/