Re: bind9 vs tinydns vs others

On December 2, 2003 10:46 am, David Zejda wrote:

> what do you prefer for authoritative dns?
> experiences/stability...?
> i have no verbose bind knowledge yet.

For an authoritative only server there is nsd.  It's only available in
unstable but it should be easy enough to backport.  I've only used it on my
home network so far but I do plan to eventually use it in my hosting
business, I rather like the idea of diversity (bind being the defacto
standard for dns it is subject to much more attacks).

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/