From: Dale E Martin [mailto:dmartin@cliftonlabs.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 5:31 AM
To: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: You can start saving now

> 128M?  My firewall has more than that.  My personal firewall... A
> P120....or 133...I honestly don't remember.  But anyway who's bright idea
> was that?  You can get ahold of 256M for like $100 or less, usually less.

This is a colocated machine, put together by the colo.  128M is actually
plenty for handling mail for 10s of people and serving webpages - if you
don't use spamassassin...  It's doing fine ever with SA now that it's
throttled some.  Each concurrent spamc takes something like 14M of RAM.

> 128M hasn't been enough for a server, especially a heavily used one, for
> a loooong time, long before the Duron came out.

I agree with you, that's why I said "the real solution is to add RAM" in
the original post.  If the machine was in the same state as me and/or
belonged to me I would have done it long ago.

Take care,
     Dale
--
Dale E. Martin, Clifton Labs, Inc.