Re: blacklists

--On Tuesday, December 07, 2004 22:18 +0100 Marek Podmaka <marki@onee.sk> wrote:

Hello Michael,

  You mean you reject spam only temporarily? By setting
  maps_rbl_reject_code in postfix to 4xx? What value exactly?

We use either 450 or 454, don't remember the value exactly. And I'm not sure what the 'Correct' RFC value would be since there's no obvious choice.

  My question is - does the spam software (or whatever is used for
  sending majority of spams) try to re-send it? How often and for how
  long? Now I reject by 554 code... should I change to 4xx?

Rarely, if ever, does the spam ratware retry, and even if it does it's FAR less resource intensive to just keep saying 4xx to RCPT commands rather than taking the mail, reading it, sending it through Virus Scanning and/or Spam Assassin/spam scanning. Far, far, far faster.