Re: Pop 3 server timeouts

> > I also recall when we used old fashioned mailboxes,
> > that one of the popular POP3 servers violated the RFC by allowing
> > individual messages to be deleted after they had successfully been
> > downloaded.

I think that program was cucipop
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/cucipop/). I downloaded the tar file and
had a look through the "FEATURES" it lists:

"It also supports an optional autodelete mechanism, so that any
RETReived message is automatically deleted"

Otherwise the program is old (last updated in 1998), non-free and I
suspect no longer in Debian.

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 13:37, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:

> I'm surprised MS Outlook doesn't handle this, I never had such a
> problem when I've used it.

Most of our customers do not have problems, only a few using certain 3rd
party networks. The problem only happens if the download is interrupted
(eg in turning off your modem halfway through downloading mail).

> Otherwise, someone has suggested IMAP, which Outlook does support,
> give or take.

We do support IMAP connections as well as a Webmail interface. However
making use of these requires some initiative on the part of the end
user.

Regards

Ian

--