Re: Need advice on SCSI raid controller

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 02:40:51PM -0500, R. W. Rodolico wrote:

> Any suggestions. I have to tell them what card to get ASAP. Just
> need a good, solid, SCSI RAID1 going in this. Preferably an Adaptec,
> as I opened my big mouth and said we needed an Adaptec (never again
> will I say that). But, anything, as long as I can get this box up
> and running, then forget it exists.

Get an Intel SRCU42X. It's a relabeled LSI MegaRAID 320-2X with Intel
firmware. Works well with the megaraid drivers, blazing fast and
reliable. Its monitoring daemon is also bearable. I've been using one in
a production server for nearly a year and it has been working without
any problems. My reason to choose this over the LSI one was that it
was(is?) much cheaper here in Hungary.

Regards,

Gabor