Re: Instaling sarge on DELL PowerEdge850

2.6.14 with a custom build works well with DRAC 4 also.
you need to get the OMSA debian package from there after :
http://www.uta.fi/~pauli.borodulin/dellomsa/omsa44.html

CP

R. W. Rodolico wrote:
I have (unfortunately) been involved in Sarge installs on two Dell
servers recently. I have had problems with both installs due to the
version of the 2.6 kernel being installed. I would suggest, if you
have any problems with disk controller drivers, etc..., using the
2.6 kernel, re-install using the 2.4 kernel, download 2.6.14 from
kernels.org and do a custom build.

Rod

seeb1@tlen.pl said:

Any known problems with installing SARGE on DELL PowerEdge850 (2.8
GHz)??