Re: LTO-3 Drive

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 02:50:50PM +0200, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> Have any of you played with an LTO-3 drive? I am trying to work out
> where people get their value of 30-40MB/s streaming...
>
> I have tried with tar, star, etc - and no luck. My maximum so far has
> been 11MB/s.

I ain't sure if this is a topic for isp list (in fact, I'm pretty sure,
it isn't), but I worked with LTO-2 drive achieving about 18MiB/s (in a
quite low-end environment), so I would expect LTO-3 to behave better
than that.

--
\------------------------/ As  far  as  we know, our computer has never
| http://epsilon.eu.org/ |