Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 14:20 +0100, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > it seems to me that a good first step would be to only allow subscribers
> > to post,
> This has always been the problem.  They're taking the "open-ness and
> freedom" idea way too far. You can post to the list without subscribing
> to it.  There's been many wars on the debian-user lists about that.

Even Full-Disclosure doesn't get the crap that comes to the Debian
lists.  It's because FD understands that Spam is Spam, and that FD
doesn't allow spammers to abuse FD's freedom and openness.

Openness and freedom doesn't mean that you shouldn't ask for a password
or some identification before allowing you to login or post.  Crazy
Debian extremists. :-)

-Jim P.