logcheck configuration?

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.isp.]
I want to use logcheck but it sends way too much
trivia, mostly irrelevant postfix messages.
I've tried adding regexes to
/etc/logcheck/violations.ignore.d/logcheck-postfix
and /etc/logcheck//etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/postfix
and they match the messages I want to suppress,
but they come through anyway.

At this point I want to
just drop all postfix-related messages.
How to find the regular expression which causes
the postfix lines to be *included* in the email barrage?

I have read
usr/share/doc/logcheck-database/README.logcheck-database.gz
over and over and it does not say.  Nothing in the manpage either.
Getting ready to remove --purge logcheck and write my own.

Cameron