Re: How to setup a PPPoE Server?

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For my network  (there  will  be  over  4000  customers)  I  need  PPPoE
> authentification.  The customer database is a PostgreSQL.
>
> Does someone know how to setup such network/server?
>
> I could buy a CISCO but they are quiet expensive  and  I  do  not  know,
> whether it can correctly conenct to my PostgreSQL user database.

I can't answer your question as I've always used routers personally, but
I can tell you that a Cisco router certainly can. They don't interface
with your databases, rather you'd use a radius server which can talk to
practically anything. (I like FreeRADIUS,
http://freeradius.org/features/databases.html)

~Seth