Re: lyx-cjk

Hello,

Terry Hancock wrote:
> I assume there must be a way to input Kanji/Kana
> text, but I don't know what I should do next, and
> the documentation seems to be very minimal.
>
> Has anyone successfully set this up?

 I am using jed-canna, on the console, and it serves me pretty well.
 Packages: kon, canna, canna-utils, jed-canna

> I wrote a unicode web page with Yudit, which I
> can see on screen, but, so far, printing it (or
> any Japanese page) from Netscape just results
> in garbage on the printer.  Mozilla fails by
> producing unsupported character blocks instead of
> Kanji, but still isn't readable.  Can Debian
> be configured to print Japanese HTML pages?
 I have not written an HTML page yet, but it sounds like a worthwhile
 exercise. I have not even tried to print out a Japanese page. I would
 be interested in your results.

> Sorry for not being able to post in Japanese --
> Brown-san and Tanaka-san are still discussing
> cherry blossums and Hinamatsuri, even after
> 23 chapters, so I don't think I'll be up to
> technical talk for awhile yet. ;)
 :) On a related topic: Have you installed xjdic, and kdrill? xjdic
 is an excellent dictionary program, and kdrill is a japanese word
 tutor.
 If you have contrib, and non-free in your /etc/apt/sources.list, you
 should be able to apt-get them.

Vikram
--

http://www.infofin.com/~aragorn : オンライン 家, でも