Re: cjk-latex font problem

G'day,

Do you have installed:
dvips-fontdata-n2bk, which includes:
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/n2bk/dmjhira12.vf ?

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=dmjhira&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=unstable&arch=i386

I also have installed:
cjk-latex, dvipsk-ja, xdvik-ja, jtex-bin, dvips-fontdata-n2bk,
dvi2ps-fontdata-ja, gs-cjk-resource

I am not sure how many of them you actually need.

> Dear debian-japanese latex users,
>
> When compiling Japanese latex files, cjk-latex can't find the right
> font files.  It even chokes on the sample Japanese latex files that
> come with the cjk-latex package:

> $ latex /usr/share/doc/cjk-latex/examples/SJIS.tex
> mktextfm: `mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input dmjhira12' failed.
> ! Font C42/song/m/n/12/hira=dmjhira12 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found
>
> After googling I learned that this is an "important" bug in cjk-latex:
>
> The stable, testing, and unstable versions of cjk-latex all produce
> the same errors.
>
> Does cjk-latex work for other people?  Anyone have a suggestion?

Note however that the SJIS example file still doesn't work for me, as
I don't have the haldwidth kana fonts <sokana> and don't know where
they can be found.  As I never create deliberately create SJIS files I
haven't investigated further.

> Yorosiku onegai simasu,

If the above file works, could you please add the information to the
bug page?  I like the idea of CJK-latex suggesting the package.

Francis

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Machine Translation Research Group

P.S. I like the wine guide: http://www.johnfry.org/tjwine.html!