Re: Japanese input

> I tried getting SCIM working w/o luck though.  I've never used UIM
> before.  It seems to work fine, but I wish it had some kind of
> notification when I've entered Japanese input mode.  Am I missing
> something?  SCIM has a nice bar that shows up as soon as you Shift-space.

For Gnome there is uim-applet-gnome, and for KDE there is uim-kdehelper.

uim-kdehelper isn't in debian but you can use the repository below;
deb http://everybody.good-day.net/~ikuya/debian/sarge/uim-kdehelper ./

uim-kdehelper is pretty simple, and not as polished as SCIM's input applet,
but works all the same. (^_^)

Cheers,

Daniel