Re: JDE

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> I've installed the latest jde package from potato.  Now I wonder
> what I have to do to let Emacs enter jde-mode automatically when
> is unknown to Emacs and the nice menu entry as shown in the jde
> documentation is missing.  Shouldn't be done all necessary stuff
> while configuring the jde package?

As explained in /usr/doc/jde/README.Debian, all that is required is
putting

 (require 'jde)

into your ~/.emacs file.

Note that other add-on packages to Emacs are not enabled by default
either, e.g., AucTeX.

If you disagree with this behaviour, please file a (wishlist) bug.

	- Ruud de Rooij (JDE maintainer)
--
ruud de rooij | ruud@ruud.org | http://ruud.org