Re: psql and jdbc1.2

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 01:08:05PM +0000, Khalid Ezzaraoui wrote:
> I have :
>     in one side a Win98+jdk1.2.2+(postgresql)jdbc1.2
>     in the other side  a Linux/Debian/potato/intel/ker2.13 + jdk1.1.7v3
> + psql6.5 and all other uptodate
> I got an "SQLException: InputStream as parameter not supported" from my
> software in Win98.

Peter Mount's JDBC driver for postgres does not yet support BLOBs. Writing
the image input stream into a BLOB column doesn't work for that reason.

Peter states that BLOB support isn't expected until 6.6.

More information here:  http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres

Ean Schuessler                Director of New Products and Technologies
Novare International Inc.        The Unstoppable Fist of Digital Action
--- Some or all of the above signature may be a joke