Re: Status of Free Java Environment?

John Goerzen wrote:
> > >  * Compiler (to native executable)
> > GCC, the Gnu Compiler Collection comes with GCJ, the Gnu Compiler for Java
>
> Also, not sure where it gets its class libraries from, but it doesn't
> seem to even fully implement Java 1.1! (No AWT!)

No JNI, actually. Cygnus favors CNI, which makes this an incompatible
tool for all and any Java code using a native method. Classpath or
Kaffe AWT is just an example. I have read suggestions that you should
port from JNI to CNI ("it's really easy"), which IMNSHO is just missing
the point.

                                                b.

--

"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure,
  and we are born to it."      Thomas Harris, Silence of the Lambs