Re: FAQ-java draft

Perhaps a section on debugging java programs within debian would be
useful.

What free java debuggers are available (as alternatives to jdb) on Debian?
( any??? )
What free edit-interactive/graphical debugging tools are available on
Debian?
(jde, ddd, more???)

My version of jdb (jdb version 98/01/06) terminates after a program
finishes execution, and I have to reset every breakpoint if I want to run
through the program again. This makes using jdb extremely frustrating. Jdb
also can't (easily) print the values in an array which is more than three
elements long. Ddd lets me work around both of these annoyances.

I don't know if these things are still problems with the most current jdb
(I would suspect so).

ddd 3.1 and earlier would "hang" when receiving certain prompts with
wierd thread names from jdb. This made it very hard to use ddd with jdb.
This has been fixed in ddd 3.2. It doesn't look like ddd 3.2 has been
packaged yet. I suspect the current packaged version of ddd won't work
well with jdb.

I hope this helps.

- Tobe Hagge