Re: .deb files for JAVA 1.4

Takashi Okamoto <toraneko@kun.ne.jp> writes:

> From: Yven Leist <leist@beldesign.de>
> Subject: Re: .deb files for JAVA 1.4
> Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:47:56 +0200
>> > Can I check your deb before upload? Default JDK1.4 configuration
>> > may have a problem about Japanese font. I want check it.
>>
>> It seems to have a problem with german umlauts as well, at least
>> the linux version of 1.4.1 does not display them correctly in the
>> default configuration, (1.4.0 works).  Does anyone know how to fix
>> this?
>
> I remember JDK1.4.1 and 1.4.0_01 have a significant problem about
> Java2D which is described following URL:
>
>        http://www.javalobby.org/thread.jsp?forum=61&thread=5242
>
> So, was it fixed yet in blackdown? I strongly want you to fix it if
> you could.

It's fixed in our next 1.4.1 release which should be available in
couple of days.
(Well, at least the 24bpp with redmask=0xff0000 works now.  We weren't
able to find hardware that does 24bpp with redmask=0xff.  BTW, the
more common case, depth 24 with 32 bpp, never had this problem.)

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/