Re: Problem starting and stopping the jetty daemon

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 22:25 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Øyvind Harboe]
> > Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a close look at this Wednesday.

Some questions before then:

Do you believe that I've found a real problem in the /etc/init.d/jetty
script?

> Does it help to use 'exec' in the command line, to get rid of the
> extra process?
>
> What about adding pidfile support to jetty?  It sound like the correct
> place to fix it.

I don't know what it means to add "pidfile support to jetty". Jetty is a
platform independent Java program...

> And please consider adding dependency information using the LSB format
> in the init.d file.  See <URL:http://wiki.debian.net/?LSBInitScripts>
> for some clues.

Once I've sorted the first problem with not being able to start/stop,
I'd also like to add support to Jetty to use servlet 2.4 as I'm not able
to get javax.servlet.ServletContextListner to work(though 2.3 supports
javax.servlet.ContextListener, but as I recall I got an error message
about some missing class that exists in 2.4...)

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletContextListener.html

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com