Re: maven2 for Debian

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:43:35PM +0100, Marcus Better wrote:
> Michael Koch wrote:
> > And the dependencies mostly need maven2 for building too. Bootstrapping
> > can be fun.
>
> But we can use your preliminary maven2 package to build the dependencies, I
> assume? That would solve the bootstrapping problem.

Its one way to make this possible, right. For me it was only a testcase
to get experience with Maven as I have never had used it before.

But I currently try a different route. I put all maven dependencies
(jars) into a new big package maven-dependencies and will then build
maven2 with it as Build-Dependency. Then we can work together on
slimming down this package until its not needed anymore.

My plan for this would to upload working packages to some common
repository outside the official Debian archive to get the work done and
dont need to wait for ftp-master approval for each package. When all
packages are done and cleaned up I will take a deep breath and upload
all of them into Debian NEW queue.

Cheers,
Michael
--