Re: maven2 for Debian

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Hi Trygve,

On 3/5/07, Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis@apache.org> wrote:
Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> On 3/4/07, Manfred Moser <manfred@mosabuam.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday March 4 2007 09:27, Michael Koch wrote:
>>
>> > I have built a preliminary Debian packages for Maven 2
>
> [...]

To me the answer is obvious. As a user Maven should behave just like
upstream Maven, meaning that it will download from the internet and
install stuff under ~/.m2/repository. For a user having Maven download
to ~ is just the same as the user manually downloading the jars from the
project's CVS.

Maybe but I'd like an administrator to be able to override the default
settings and to force Maven to ask the root password to install the
package or to send a mail to root to let him/her install the
package... from a Debian (only) repository.

Do you have a use case for this feature?

--
Trygve