Re: Eclipse 3.4 packaging - help needed

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>

> We need help to package Eclipse 3.4. If you have some free time you can
> help.
>
> Eclipse 3.4 depends on much 3rd party libraries. The libraries we dont
> have packaged yet are sat4j and Eclipse ECF. If someone could package
> these this would be of great help.
>
> I have uploaded a prelimary orig.tar.gz to
>
> http://people.debian.org/~mkoch/eclipse/
>
> This is probably not the last one before an potential upload. It may
> change in the future. This one is just for making distributed work on
> eclipse packaging possible.
>
> The needed debian/ directory can checked out from pkg-java SVN on
> alioth.debian.org.
>
> If you have time and want to help please speak up here so we can
> coordinate work.

I am interested in getting Eclipse 3.4 in Debian/Ubuntu. As of now I
don't have any debian installation. Either I will create a chroot for
building or probably have a virtual box setup by end of week.

I have brief experience in packaging java apps, libs but I have never
explored eclipse code or even built it on my own.

By the way, I suppose ECF means 'Eclipse Communication Framework'.
Does the default build really depend on that? The classic build
available at [1] doesn't include ECF.

1. http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-34/ganymeder

Onkar