clojure-maven-helper, maven-javadoc-plugin and #711852

Hi all,

I am running into a problem during the apidoc generation phase when using
maven-debian-helper [0] ever since the maven target to generate the
documentation was changed from "javadoc:jar" to "javadoc:javadoc". This was
done to fix #711852 and I was under the impression after a short glimpse at
the maven-javadoc-plugin documentation that this change shouldn't break
anything. It does, however, break the build in a package I am currently
working on.

The basic problem seems to be that mh_make generates a PKG-doc.install like:

    target/apidocs/* usr/share/doc/PKG/api

which works fine if the documentation is build with "javadoc:jar" [1] but
breaks when it is run with "javadoc:javadoc" [2] but I don't quite understand
why this happens and what the best way to deal with this is. The error is:

    …
    dh_install -O--buildsystem=maven
    dh_install: libjackson2-core-java-doc missing files (target/apidocs/*), aborting
    make: *** [binary] Error 2
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Which does not happen with "javadoc:jar". In the "javadoc:javadoc" case the
documentation is generated in target/site/apidocs and I can fix the build by
changing the PKG-doc.install file to:

    target/site/apidocs/* usr/share/doc/PKG/api

but I am not sure if that is the correct way to deal with this problem. Are
you aware of the underlying reason why this happens and the best way to deal
with this?

[0] Using the debhelper sequence, but happens with CDBS too and build logs are
    version 1.6.5 but can be reproduced with 1.6.4 in cowbuilder
    http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/maven-debian-helper/maven-debian-helper_1.6.5.dsc

[1] See attached build log debuild_jar.log
[2] See attached build log debuild_javadoc.log
--
Wolodja <debian@babilen5.org>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC