How long is it feasible to maintain OpenJDK6

Hi all,

I am redirecting a question from the debian-lts mailing list. How long
do you think is it feasible to maintain OpenJDK 6 in Wheezy? Is OpenJDK
6 still supported by Red Hat? Are there other contributors who provide
security updates? Might it be possible to support OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK
7 in parallel for another year from now or even longer or should we
recommend to switch to OpenJDK 7 immediately? I would like to hear your
opinions.

Regards,

Markus