Re: maven-*-helper JAR placement seems to contradict Java policy

I vaguely remember that replacing a symlink with a file during a package update was causing some issues (i.e. the target is updated but the symlink isn't replaced). If that's still true I'd refrain from applying this change to maven-debian-helper. The slight deviation from the Java policy isn't worth the trouble, and I'd instead amend the policy to accept what has been done de facto for years.

Emmanuel Bourg