Re: [Pkg-javascript-devel] How to handle updates to node-markdown-it?

Hi Jérémy,

On 09-Feb-24 6:19 PM, Jérémy Lal wrote:
The

Le ven. 9 févr. 2024 à 18:13, Marco Trevisan <marco@ubuntu.com> a écrit :
Hi,

I wanted to do an upstream update of node-markdown-it but its current version is way higher than the version of the main module inside the package (14.0.0 vs 22.2.3 - maybe was it a dated version?).

So I'd like to know how to handle this situation... Should we use the epoch or use something like 22.3.3.really.is.14.0.04?

How to manage those with proper debian/watch file?

Please, Israel, could you explain why you changed the version from
10.0.0 to 22.2.3+dfsg+~12.2.3 ?
This was a mistake from when I first began Debian packaging [1][2][3].

there is surely a good reason, it would have been nice to explain it in
debian/changelog
It was a mistake, I apologize.

1. https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-_javascript_-devel/2022-April/065847.html
2. https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-_javascript_-devel/2022-May/067227.html