Re: KDE4 Bindings

Den Saturday 22 December 2007 13:09:13 skrev Ana Guerrero:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 12:33:06AM +0100, Sebastian Gröhn wrote:
> > Anyways, I am trying to compile it myself from SVN, but it's a bit
> > confusing about what's required. smokeqt/-kde and qtruby/korundum is
> > evidently in kdebindings4, but Debian have libsmokeqt4* and libqt4-ruby*
> > packaged from source package libqt4-ruby. Are these the same, from
> > kdebindings and libqt4-ruby, and, in that case, are there multiple
> > sources for
> > smokekde/korundum too?
>
> Get from SVN the work that has been done so far on kdebindings (no
> much...):
>
>  svn co
> svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-kde/branches/kde4/packages/kdebindings/debian

This repository only contains build and package files for Debian, correct? How
do I turn this into a Debian package? =)

> And, yes, if you are interested in maintain this, you are totally welcome
> =)

I don't want to take on the responsibility of maintaining a package (as I have
very little knowledge of Debian package routines and stuff, and as I wont
have time for much computer related work next semester).

OTOH I could certainly help with the packaging. What is needed before a
working kdebindings4 on Debian?

(And, is this the right place for this discussion, or are there better
places?)

/ Sebastian