Re: Bugs bugs bugs

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 09:05:38 schrieb Volker Wysk:
> Hello!

Hi Volker,

> Actually, I'm a KDE fan. But it - still - has that many bugs, that I
> couldn't recommend it.
>
> "Still" means 4.14.2, the version in Debian-unstable. Does anybody know
> when KDE5 will arrive in Debian? Or has even tried it?
>
> I've tried to compile KDE from the sources, but failed.

Maxy uploads a lot of KDE Frameworks 5.6 and Plasma 5 packages into Debian
experimental since quite some weeks. It seems they are not yet build to
binary packages tough. I bet we will read about it when they are ready.

Maxy also uploaded some 4.14.5 packages, I think for KDEPIM, to
experimental as well. I think 4.14.5 packages would be good for stable as
well, but well…

For me beside KDEPIM KDE / Plasma 4.14.2 really works quite good. KDEPIM
basically works, but there are still a lot of open issues.

Ciao,