Re: HPLIP complains about systray but show its icon

You can try to edit a small file un hplip following this indication https://launchpadlibrarian.net/181010246/process-events-for-systray.patch. This worked for me.

Il 15/Ott/2015 19:04, "Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez" <perezmeyer@gmail.com> ha scritto:
On Thursday 15 October 2015 13:35:34 newbeewan@nativobject.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When loading, HPLIP complains about "No system systray", but the icon is
> shown and fonctional in plasma 5 systray !...
>
> If I push ok to the button on the dialog box, it close completly !
>
> Is it possible to tell it to not check the systray ?

The problem here lies in sni-qt. If you restart the hplip app that provides
the icon it will work.

Same happens to me with Dianara: if started while opening the session it
fails, but if I restart it later it works.

So feel free to open a bug against sni-qt :)

--
Paris, Je suis impregnée de ta présence!!!
vous cette une fleche alée qui traspase mon cour

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/