Re: Kdepim is a pending upload?

Hey,

> I wonder, why a pending upload now needs more than 2 month to be really
> uploaded.

No there are no "real" reasons, why it takes that long staying in NEW
queue[0], except than human capacity of the FTP masters to get through the
list of all new packages and approve/decline them. So the acceptance of the
packages is not in our hands :(

> Does anybody know, when we (users not afraid to try ' debian
> experimental') can use kontact, kmail, kaddressbook, etc again.

you can use the packages from experimental, but there are packages inside NEW
queue are not accepted inside Debian, so you have to build them on your own. I
don't know any way how you can reach the packages inside the NEW queue.

> Do you need help? Or do we have to compile on our own, if we want nearly
actual versions of the most valuable kde packages and not be stuck in the
depth of nowhere. In my opinion the best way to loose early adopters, the best
testers on this planet.

Well we always need manpower - the Qt/KDE Team in Debian is quite small, so
the workload is sometimes quite big. But unfortunately for this specific issue
"to get KDE Application 17.08 to Debian", we can't do anything except helping
the FTP masters (Don't know if and how they need help) or being patient.

Just to make it clear, we are not happy with the current situation and I share
the point, that getting KDE Application 17.08 to unstable fast would be great.

There is also a thread about this at the debian-kde ml:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2017/10/msg00039.html

Best regards,

sandro

[0] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html