Re: vsyscall=none in backports kernel?

Hi Ben,

On 01/02/17 14:28, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> It's probably dpkg in a wheezy (or earlier) chroot.

I checked, but all LXCs and Dockers were off. AFAICT it was
some forgotten tool execed by /etc/cron.daily/dpkg. /usr/bin/dpkg
appears to be innocent, and there are no other executables with
this name on my host.

>> I wonder if setting vsyscall=none in the backports kernel is
>> a good idea. Is it safe to use together with Jessie's regular
>> packages?
>
> This is safe with anything using glibc, but not with those packages
> using dietlibc.  Because of that, I reverted this change 4.8.15-1 (but
> I will make the change again after the stretch release).
>
> In the mean time, you can use the command line parameter
> vsyscall=emulate.

Done. I had about 20 containers that didn't start due to
vsyscall=none this weekend.

I am still hoping for 4.8.15 in backports.

Regards
Harri