Re: armel/marvell kernel size

On Mon, 8 May 2017 16:03:50 +0200
Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> * Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2017-05-06 14:45]:
> > I'll try to take care of armel/marvell.
>
> I thought the plan was to drop the whole armel architecture after
> stretch anyway.
>
> Maybe we should start that conversation on debian-arm again at some
> point to see what the current consensus is.

I started a thread on whether to remove armel after stretch last
December [0]. And Steve agreed that he'll not push to remove armel
after stretch [1].

With the toolchain issues resolved in stretch (toolchain issues
mentioned here [2]), I think the main work is to keep the kernel size
and initrd size (including initrd for d-i) within QNAP's limitation.
Maybe we have to remove QNAP support some time before buster, it's
still able to support other armel with /boot mounting in HDD)

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/12/msg00135.html
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/12/msg00329.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/12/msg00143.html

Cheers,