Re: armel/marvell kernel size

On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 00:10 +0900, Roger Shimizu wrote:
> Dear Ben,
>
> Thanks for the ping!
>
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > Sadly, linux has again failed to build on armel in experimental due to
> > the image size growing too large.
>
> Yes, I noticed this armel FTBFS issue.
> However, the solution simple solution, you mentioned in previous email
> [0], has been used.
> Now I think we have to touch the crypto module part, which affects
> cryptsetup/initramfs-tools.
> I'll try this approach this week.
>
> [0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2017/05/msg00040.html

Since we are preparing to enable AppArmor by default, I looked at the
armel config and found that it still had SECURITY_SELINUX enabled (but
no other LSMs).  I've just committed a change to the sid branch that
disables that and enables SECURITY_APPARMOR instead.  AppArmor appears
to be smaller than SELinux, possibly by enough to fix this.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow