Status of this bug

This has happened so far:

From the Debian side maxy added haveged as a sddm recommendation and as a
workaround.

From the Qt side Thiago from upstream is trying to determine what changed in
the kernel side, as this clearly started to happen with 4.16 and got worse
with 4.17.

Ben, linux maintainers: if you could give us a hand to determine what changed
from the kernel side it would be much much appreciated. If we find that there
are valid changes then we might have an opportunity to make Qt upstreams
reconsider the issue.

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
Sobre Argentina: "sé que es uno de los países mas hospitalarios del mundo"
 Albert Einstein

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/